Take your pick of two great discussions coming up on July 21st:
If you happened to miss the CB8 air quality forum a few weeks back, have no fear because CIVITAS will be hosting a great panel on the topic this coming Wednesday 6:30pm at Doyle Gallery (175 East 87th Street). Learn more about the process for residential buildings to switch to cleaner heating oil. What are the financial, social and environmental benefits? The panel will include:
- Isabelle Silverman, Attorney, Environmental Defense Fund
- Kizzy Charles-Gruman, Policy Advisor, Mayor’s Office of Long-term Planning & Sustainability
- Lewis Kwit, President, Energy Investment Systems Inc.
- Sean Wade, Resident Manager, The Future Condominium
Space is limited and registration is required. Tickets are $5 – no charge for CIVITAS members. To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 996-0745.
Also on July 21st, GreenHomeNYC will be hosting a discussion with METRO Biofuels on using biofuel in buildings and vehicles – including, how to convert to biodiesel, what makes it an efficient resource and what tax credits are available.
- Wednesday, July 21, 2010 – 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
- Hafele Showroom 25 East 26th Street, Manhattan, NY
- Light refreshments and beverages will be provided.
- Please RSVP below. AIA/CES credit available here.
- Catherine Barton, Principal, The Pinwheel Group Inc.
- Paul Miller, President, 308 E 79th Street Cooperative Board
- Gene Pullo, CEO, METRO Biofuels