Time to do your fall cleaning! Because next Saturday, Nov. 13, we’ll be having our annual paper shredding at the 82nd Street Greenmarket. Old tax returns. Out-of-date documents. Correspondence you’d like to forget. If it’s paper, Pro-Shred’s state-of-the-art truck will turn it into tiny, unreadable tidbits. And cameras inside the truck let you watch it happen. Last year, we totaled 4 tons. How ’bout we go for 6 in 2010?
WHAT: Paper Shred-a-Thon
WHEN: Saturday, Nov. 13, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
WHERE: 82nd St. Greenmarket, between 1st and York
Then, you can follow that with electronics recycling on Monday, Nov. 15 (America Recycles Day), at Nightingale-Bamford School, 20 E 92nd St. Safely dispose of most household electronics, all day long, from 7 to 9:30 p.m.
WHAT: Electronic Recycling
WHEN: Monday, Nov. 15, 7 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
WHERE: Nightingale-Bamford School, 20 East 92nd Street
Accepted will be:
- Computers (laptops & desktops, servers, mainframes)
- Printers, scanners, fax-machines, copiers
- Network devices (routers, hubs, modems, etc.)
- Peripherals (keyboards, mice, cables, etc.)
- Components (hard drives, CD-ROMs, circuit boards, power supplies, etc.)
- TVs, VCRs, & DVD Players
- Audio-visual equipment
- Cell phones, pagers, PDAs
- Telecommunication (phones, answering machines, etc.)
Per usual, NO appliances, floppies, CDs, zips or VHSs.
So your holiday present to yourself was replacing every piece of aged tech under your roof with the new and fabulously cutting-edge… Hold on to that old stuff for just a few more days. UGS will be scheduling another e-waste round-up in early January. Stay tuned for day, time and place (likely 92nd and First).